Building a stronger sales and marketing program. It’s about dreaming big and then crafting the foundation to get it done. Understanding disruptive technology trends, the customer’s drives and motivations, or solving a problem- that’s what it takes to drive revenue. Then aligning the enterprise’s business strategy with those revenue opportunities.
We can help with Opportunity Assessment, Competitive Review, Consumer Research, MarComm, Marketing and Sales Management, Sales Training, Marketing and Sales Execution. We’ve built successful programs in the technology, education, and travel, hospitality and financial sectors. The customers are quite different but the approach is remarkably similar: develop a deep understanding of the customer’s motivations and build relevant communications and sales programs to create a positive relationship with the customer.
Building a Powerful Marketing and Sales Program At their core, marketing and sales programs are nothing more than identifying what the most compelling message is and how to deliver it in a way to creates action on the part of the potential customer. So, the key in understanding the path forward in building revenue through marketing and/or sales programs is understanding the potential customer’s current perspective and how you would like that to change. The process involves many traditional approaches to building campaigns but the communications strategy as well as sales and marketing tactics are built on the following three core questions:
- Who do we want to serve? A tight definition of the customer will take you farther than any other step in driving revenue. We all have a tendency to cast as broad a net as possible. As counter—intuitive as it seems, the more precisely you can describe your ideal consumer, the better off you will be. You will have greater understanding of the drives and motivations, you will share values, and you can direct your efforts in a far more targeted way.
- What’s the prospective customer’s current awareness and attitude toward your product category and your product specifically? This involves understanding of:
- the motivations that go into buying in this category,
- current awareness and consideration levels,
- engagement and loyalty of our current customer base
- the other options available to the customer to serve this need, and
- the macro-economic and cultural factors that are impacting their choice.
- What perspective do we want our potential customer to hold, once we launch this program? This is critical because it is what we rely on to generate a positive response.
The perspective must be clear, relevant and motivating. And it must be actionable for this is how we will make decisions on the approach we take to communicating with our customers. We can help you build a compelling and measurable program to support your sales and marketing efforts. Contact us to start a conversation.